Postion: Home - Recruitment - Content


Foreign Teacher Recruitment Announcement

Author: Date:2021-08-02 Hots:

Fujian Polytechnic Normal University , a century-old teachers university in Fuzhou, the capital city of China’s southeastern coastal Fujian Province, recruits teachers of spoken English all the year round.

1) Requirements:

a) Native speaker of English

b) MA, TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages)

c) 1-2 years’ teaching experience

2) Working hours: 16 hours per week

3) Salary and benefits:

a) 8,000-12,000 Yuan (RMB) per month (12 months)

b) 6,000-9,000 Yuan airfare per year (E-ticket with your signature, original paper ticket (if you have one), and boarding passes may be needed to get the reimbursement)

c) 4,000 Yuan holiday subsidy (paid at the end of the contract)

d) furnished apartment with free internet access

e) free Chinese lessons every morning in the International College of Chinese Studies, Fujian Polytechnic Normal University, a saving of 14,000 Yuan tuition plus $40 application fee (first come, first served)

4) Length of Employment:

a) minimum: one-year contract, Example: Feb 24, 2019 to Feb 23, 2020

b) the contract is renewable depending on your performance


Fujian Polytechnic Normal University


1)How are class hours arranged?

Most classes are arranged on weekdays, Mon. to Thu. Or Tue. To Fri.

2) Can I ask to keep mornings or certain days free so I can take Chinese lessons?

If you are attending Chinese classes in the morning you will only be given afternoon and night classes, provided that you inform Dr. Shi in writing in advance.

3) Are the accommodations completely private?


4) Do they have washing machines?


5) Is the Internet service dial-up or broadband?


6) Do I have to pay the utilities?

You’re entitled to a monthly 150 kWh of electricity and 10 tons of water during working period (except the summer holidays);. The electricity and water overused will be deducted from Party B’s salary in the following month.

7) Do international teachers receive approximately 3 weeks of Spring Festival holidays, and other national holidays?

Yes, like faculty in all other universities in China.

8) Do the classrooms have audiovisual equipment for PowerPoint presentations?


9) How far is the university from Fuzhou?

About 45min by train.

10) How many foreigners are there in the university?

There is 1 Japanese teacher.

11) What kind of students am I going to teach? At what level?

English majors at undergraduate level.

12) What kind of opportunities do I have for Chinese studies?

With the recommendation of College of Foreign Languages, you can enroll into the Chinese language program offered by the Overseas Education College.

13) What should I do to apply for a teaching position?

To apply for a teaching position, you need to provide:

1. resume

2. copy of your passport (ID page only)

3. health certificate with your doctor’s signature (physical exam form will be provided)

4. copy of your diploma/certificate

diploma of the highest degree or relevant accreditation certificate

5. recommendation letter of your current employer

6. digital passport/ID photo

7. the date you can start teaching

8. No Criminal Record

Contact person

Cici Lin, Office of International Cooperation and Exchange, Fujian Polytechnic Normal University , China

Email: oice@